Monday, November 16, 2009

I see dead chicken
I am going to tear and lick and
Chew it down my throat
After you remove the hen’s hairy coat

Yum this curry and all the spices!
Is making me think of the rising prices (sigh)
But I’m going to buy a kilo anyway
It’s swine flu now, infected birds have gone away (hurray!)

I heard you turned a veggie!
Is that why you have become so edgy?
You are not getting your proper intake of proteins
Wait, first let me bite on the flesh and discard the spleen

KFC, McD or the local Chawla’s
Fried, tandoor-ed or deliciously tadka-ed
Who cares if the packet has a red and not a green label?
It’s not a fucking lifestyle, it’s my daily vegetable

****************************************************
Mindey, you owe me. You owe me BIG. *Thinking whether it would be the right time to shut down her blog*

6 comments:

As the Mind Meanders said...

You are awesome. You made my day. And now a poor bird somewhere will have to give up its life today to make my day... better

And yes I owe you honey. I owe you BIG.

Now - will a full years supply of chicken seal the deal??? :D

And please don't shut down the blog.. who else will humor me and write verses on food :(

Keep writing... please..

Atrisa said...

Year's supply huh? Make that two!

Hmm, any more food items you want me to write about? Chaat, Aloo Bhujiya or our Diwali favorite Soan Papdi? Yaar, now I'm hungry :|

Meghana Naidu said...

dooh-ooods! what's happening here O_O
i dont like being left out!
you both should have known better! :|

tell all now!

Atrisa said...

Ah! It was some post on Choco's blog and Mindey and I were discussing how we love chicken and I have no clue how, but I volunteered to write a song on it. That was like 2 months back.

Mindey, so sorry I posted this so late. I had most of it written in September itself. It was just a few lines to seal the deal that took this long :P

As the Mind Meanders said...

@ Meg

We didn't leave you out... she wrote a song about a chicken didn't she :))

*Runs away before he can be assaulted*

As the Mind Meanders said...

@ AT
?
Soan Papdi... isn't that also called buddi ke baal??? That lends itself to a song doesn't it... a filmi item number??? Now do you have the skills... hmmm...

And two years of chicken supply... sure... I hope I am allowed to come over for dinner sometime then :)

And again...thanks for the song...the two month wait was worth it...

*now only if someone would set it to a tune*

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.