Monday, January 25, 2010

Alter-native turns one today! Aww little tear forms :)

Over the past year I went through a myriad of emotions which, if I may, demonstrate via a few songs was vacillating between ATWA, Hello and Writing to Reach You. But now it seems to have sobered down a teensy bit and my mind breathes more like Always in my Head.

I will now go and celebrate with treating myself to a chocolate pastry! But in the meanwhile I will leave you with a fairly long list of people I personally enjoyed reading over the past year and will continue to do so.

Meghana Naidu
Soul sister, alter-ego, virtual girlfriend, midnight lesbian gtalker, facebook stalker, my personal blogger techie, I could call her a couple of more weird names! Though I have to admit her writing whizzes by my head at times, getting to know her personally has been an absolute pleasure. She is the kind of woman I will always aspire to be - fierce, fearless, funny and comfortable in her own skin. Just the perfect mix of sensitivity, practicality and horniness :P And it is reflects in her writing.

Gaurav Parab
To me he's been boy marvel since the time I first read him about 3 years back. His is the only blog I have read from post to post many times over. For someone who claims to not enjoying reading poetry, he has got tons of us lesser mortals hooked on to the same. His work, be it poetry or articles, seems effortless from one theme to the other, so simple and uncomplicated that anyone from the lowest common denominator to a poetry connoisseur reads and appreciates with the same fervor. Words, it seems, they find him and not the other way round.

Shagun 'Trisalien' Trisal
Brother from the same mother (and father), I wonder however. He amazes me with the kind of talents he has as an 18 year old. Though he does write only once in a solar eclipse, his writing is much more diverse, imaginative and mature than anyone I have read his age. The better half of Trisalien. W00t \m/

Amit Bhatia
There are people who start writing at the age of 15, grow at 20 and dare to show everyone their work at 23. Then they get married, have a kid, start to lose hair and inspiration. But this one right here claims to have started writing just a year and a half back, after a wife and a kid! And boy, can he write.

Satish Naidu
Critic extraordinaire. Once the author of a book on which a Hollywood movie was made and that he had critiqued, had commented on his post. (No, not Chetan Bhagat) I mean seriously, need I say more?

Shamanth Huddar
His 'in short', as he likes to call them, are thoughtful to say the least; like a 100 words being compressed to 10 with careful panache. Brevity is definitely beautiful and here it is intelligent and amusing too.

Agent Green Glass
She's a class act. How she makes the most banal of incidents in her life sound interesting and worth reading about is really beyond me! Her blog is always brimming with tons of laughs and positivity, even when she cusses. An any-time read.

Aniruddha Pathak
This guy has a heart of gold. On days when you feel angry, dejected or just basically cynical, reading a post of his makes you soar above your usual blah self, if only for a little while. The best part about his writing is it always reflects positivity, a spirit of calm or hope or just plain love, cut out and simple. It's a happy place to be at. It's hard to find a guy who emotes the way he does. Maybe that's why most of his followers are women!

Jason Evans
Can someone find out if he's involved with someone or not :|

Monidipa Mondal
Reading her I feel bad about my own so I don't read much of her but whatever I have read has taken my breath away. From the imagery to the being so articulate in describing every ounce of emotion ever felt, sometimes I feel she has lived multiple lives in one. She could be a monster, she could be a woman.

15 comments:

As the Mind Meanders said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALTER NATIVE... quite a cute bonny one year old baby this one has turned out to be...

And keep writing AT... congratulations again...

Meghana Naidu said...

you crazy wild thing!
i love love love you
muah.

i just read all this again today, and it made me sigh all over again.
thank you :)

PS: i miss our '4:00 am's
;)

Shamanth Huddar said...

In short, Thank you very much for appreciating my brevity so beautifully :)

And A Very Happy Birthday to the Blog!

Atrisa said...

@ Mindey - Thank you. When are you writing again?!?!

@ Meg - I miss our 8am's! (Ok, we had that just once but whatever) <3

@ Shamanth - Were you waiting for Meg to comment first? :P

As for the appreciation, you deserve it :)

Shamanth Huddar said...

well, though I didn't really, let me go ahead and take this chance to pretend to be a bit chivalrous by saying "Ladies first :)"

mentalie said...

oooh, happy birthday, alter native! it's been a pleasure to read you.

amit said...

Hey, that's my name here. How coool :-) Thank you.
Nobody ever did that before!
Wait a sec, .. nobody else every read my blog either :D
and congratulations on the milestone!

Atrisa said...

@ Mentalie - Thank you fellow MICAn(?) from ancient history!

Anonymous said...

Hey Atrisa..
A Very Happy Birthday to Alter Native!
Would love to watch this baby growing up. :)

Meghana Naidu said...

@ mindey: When are you writing again?!?! X 2

@shamanth: pretend? really ;)

@tris: 8:00 am
ugh!
such an unholy time to wake up!

Atrisa said...

@ Choco - Thanks! Me too ;)

@ Meg - If you ever see me awake at 8am, you can safely assume I haven't slept all night.

Aine said...

Pssst-- hi! I'm Jason's wife.
;)

Atrisa said...

Oh oops. Hey Aine! Damn you got him before I could get there. All the nice ones are taken ;) Forgive me, I'm a little high :P

ani_aset said...

gawd you make me feel good...god bless this blog for turning one :) i so loved what you wrote for me..thanks a bunch..i want to learn writing haiku someday from you..no no i'm not giving up on writing 55ers ;)

Atrisa said...

@ Ani - I had to be very careful in writing yours! Your 55ers are truly unique :)

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.