It's a funny thing when you're single. There comes a day you wake up and say "Yaar, what the hell. How long can I possibly be happy or sad about my own issues?" So, you decide to fuck all this I'm independent, I don't need a guy to make me happy BS and declare to the world that you're officially single and this time definitely ready to toss up the dormant shizzle.
Since it doesn't take for a genius to figure out I'm talking about myself here, I will tell you my summarized tale about trying to look for love or otherwise.
So started a fervent search by my girlfriends in trying to find me a decent guy (whatever that means) Often, I'd see them chew their nails, staring at me and dart at me with an almost Eurekan expression "I know a guy who would be perfect for you!" as the following conversation would prove almost disappointing.
Exhibit (a)
A friend recommended an old friend of hers who did his MBA from one of the best B-schools in the country in finance. Almost immediately I drifted to the time when I was still with my ex. Going from engineering to MBA during our erstwhile 6-year old relationship our conversations evolved from "Our relationship is like F1 car's chasis..." to "Our relationship is like home loans..." which I later deduced must be about the sub-prime crisis, I retorted with a NO! No finance guy.
Investment Bankers. Out.
During this process I have made a new best friend who seems more than willing to be my guy contributor. She has 17 ex's whose profiles range from Neurosurgeons to Drummers to Mechanical Engineers to History Majors. I'm not even kidding! Hooking up with either of them wouldn't even be as interesting as it is when she talks about them.
Exhibit (b)
(during one of our regular conversations)
Japanese Princess: Archie, how about a film maker?
Me: Where do you find such guys?
JP: He's really hot and very sweet.
Me: Hmm.
JP: And he's really really good in bed.
Me: He's not much into alcohol and smoking up, is he? I want a fun guy, you know, a fun person like me.
JP: (stares)
Me: So! He's really good in bed or what?
JP: (pursed lips, nods in slow motion)
The other day a batchmate of mine told me as he blushed that I am his ideal "take home to mom" type. I almost cried, with joy. I would've hugged him if we weren't in the train between two coaches near the toilet area.
So yes, all hope is not lost. All this apart from the fact that I have now planted friends in Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore who would hook me up depending on where I would get a job. 3 months and this girl is going to paint *insert the city here* red. Weehee!
P.S: All references to my ex could be exaggerated. He's a damn neat guy and still single too. Anyone wants his number? I recommend him personally, 100%.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
*insert city here*
you know what i'm chanting under my breath
;)
hehe - hilarious post atrisa! One of your best write-ups methinks...:)
uncanny. i am in eactly the same place in my love life with ZERO useful friends @$#%%^!
Madras! Madras!
@ Meg - Bangy bangy!
@ Arv - Zank you. You might be one of my most regular readers :P
@ Mentalie - Can you help me? I will send you my resume, wait.
@ Perakath - I'm going to pretend you are a really hot guy.
Does that mean you're coming? Bring Mentalie too!
Snowy morning
Red rose
Atrisa hooked
Hahaha .. brilliant !!
Damn neat ... You can open a section in your blog which revolves specifically around your search for (in the most boring way of putting it across) "the guy" :)
hahha..superlike....this qualifies for my Gtalk status update! :)
Post a Comment
Now your turn!