Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hi. You know what time it is? It's 5am. And I am drunk. And I just discovered that a stupid tradition at MICA which is called the Palaash Dance has been shown at Headlines Today. Now either that news channel is out of their heads or the dance actually is pretty cool and deserves national attention. But why would I care? I am drunk. 6 drinks down. And I wonder how and why I am even typing. I just want to wake up in the morning and wonder what would give me the energy to type at 5am and write a random blog note. But that's how life is. Random. What pisses me off is that most people's blogs have the word random in it. But why are your thoughts random? You deliberately started a blog. When you have random thoughts go and talk to your friends or yourself. You dont have to type them out in a blog. Anyway getting back to me being drunk. Had a good time. I love my friends' boyfriends. They're cool. They get alcohol, not the spurious Gujarat one, the real deal, the real stuff. And I am alive so it's true. It was not spurious. That's nice. Bloody nice. I should be sleeping. My cab ride was good. I talked about the Mumbai terror attacks which was not good. But that day was good. I remember. But whatever. This is now. That was then. I am feeling sweaty. It's hot here and I don't want to buy a fan thats costs me 1500 bucks. I don't know why but. I can afford it. It's a different thing I have to pay off my loan but it's cool. You should deny yourself basic comforts in life. Comfort is good. Yeah and it's very hot. I should be sleeping naked but it's just not the right time. Maybe tomorrow. Or day after. Whatever. Facebook sucks, restaurant city got boring. I have a lesbian party invitation tomorrow. I feel uncomfortable around girls. They are weird and judgmental and some get touchy so I am definitely not a lesbian. That's good. Maybe. I don't know. Anyway. I have 5 lectures tomorrow. I can bunk them. And sleep. And I have Black coffee work which I love to do how much ever I crib, it's an act. I might want to show I'm cool. Which is ok too. No? So basically, my friend next door is probably getting hickies and the one who lives beneath me on the ground floor is out with her bf for the night having fun. But guess who sleeps peacefully? Me. I like breakfast. I have omelette and bread everyday and I don't get bored. And coffee too. Twice a day. I am chumming. That's not nice. It's gets me irritable but tonight was fun. I had tons of chicken and did Twist Twist from Love Aaj kal with my two fingers which has now become my friends' thing to do even though its just 2 hours old. They made fun of me which is ok. Atleast they care. I like them, when I'm drunk. My friend Abhishek is leaving for Ladakh tomorrow. Isn't that cool? I wish I could take off too but I'm a good girl so I attend classes. And do my assignments on time. And might just take up another academically inclined extra curricular which is geeky but that's how I am. Haha. A friend told me she wants to give me a hug everytime she reads a new post of mine. She thinks it's dark and it flummoxes her and she wants to get to know me better. Wow. Ok. OK. Hi Apoorva. I like my room. It's the room I had my first ever recording in. I miss Golee and Prateek. I want to go to Mumbai for the weekend and feel alive again. I don't sing anymore and I hate it. Gagan called. It was so nice to talk to him. Gagan if you are reading this, please consider a sincere apology, I never meant to hurt you, I know what I did was stupid but I can't turn things around. I can only drink like I am. So yeah. But I'm happy. I feel wise. I feel good. I am learning much more than I imagined, on my own. I think it's good. I will feel much better a year later. That would be brilliant. I want to do my own gigs in Mumbai. Record maybe or try. Start composing. Maybe study harder. Beat the nerds. I act all cool but I do a Yes Yes! when I see I beat the other nerds in some quizzes. They are nice people but what a waste of life. They don't live. They will probably become consultants tomorrow. They're nice people but I wouldn't spend more than 5 mins with them. But whatever. I stay with the cool kids on campus. People judge us. But we are all nice people. Others don't see that. We might have our internal issues which like hell we do but doesn't everyone. But strangely I've kept myself away from controversies. Lol! You know the other day my semiotics teacher praised me in class. She said I was an incredible presenter. (She might have used another adjective in place of incredible) But yeah it was cool. It was definitely a morale booster. Just gave me a reason to live for another evening. That was nice. I worked hard for it. I have decided. I will work very hard in life. It has always paid off. But I am lazy by nature. That's definitely not nice. But I am learning. I sneezed. Ok I'm getting weaker. I have classes in the morning that I know for sure I'm bunking now. I would be lucky to get up and have breakfast, I like breakfast. It's a nice meal. Even if you have slept only for 4 1/2 hrs, it's nice. The next time you look at breakfast, don't make a nasty face, eat it. And have a light lunch. Have something little to eat in the evening. And top it off with a decent dinner. Have some sweet at the end of it and seal your stomach. I should know. I do it everyday. This sweat is driving me crazy. I should wipe off the kajal from my eyes otherwise I will wake up in the morning looking like a witch. Oh but guess what it's morning already. Should sleep. Tada. Byee byee. I'm gonna feel so stupid about this. Maybe I will delete it. Maybe it will just be a nice memory of the day. You know last year on the same occasion I got drunk and went to my friend's room and listened to Pink Floyd and then when the alcohol wore off we jammed till 8am, had breakfast and went to sleep. I miss you Golee. You are so fucking talented. I respect you so much. I only wish I could be as talented as you :) And Prateek I stay in your room! And I miss you too! I miss hating you for your song choices and making fun of my song choices and giving me weird names. I miss so many people. But it's ok. It really is. Bye. Must sleep. *Crash and zzz*

13 comments:

Sri said...

you write random thoughts so that random people can read it. But do you want them to read this? Didn't feel very good reading it.

Just an advice, take it down. Blogs are archived by the likes of google and might stay on forever archived.

The repetition in thoughts do indicate that you were really high so apologies accepted :)

Atrisa said...

@ Sri - Hah just got up. I think I will keep it :) This is how I really talk, high or sober :|

ani_aset said...

hey atrisa
i dont think its a nice idea to keep it here. Anyways take care, while you go drinking like you do :)

Atrisa said...

@ Ani - No one really reads it :P It's alright. I've read it 3 times since then, I think it's funny! But I'm curious. What part do you find objectionable?

Satish Naidu said...

Please, please, don't ever delete it. And if you do, keep the text on your laptop. Delete a few songs, here and there, but then a MS Word document hardly takes space.

Read Priest's The Affirmation. Read Palahniuk's Diary. Discover a bit of yourself.

And then, build upon the fantastic riff this kind of writing has got. Please. Build a nice story, and bring to it the kind of brevity this writing lends.

I think you know what I'm getting at.

PPS said...

good 1! keep writing!!

ani_aset said...

nothing is objectionable...and i did'nt say to remove it because its objectionable :)..i find it way too personal to be shared with everyone...but as long as you are fine.i think we all can just GTH :D

Anonymous said...

Do i see signs; mental breakdown, a cry for attention,guilt. Whatever it is ......

Anonymous said...

You were definitely not drunk.:)

Atrisa said...

@ Satish - I wish I knew what you are talking about :| More drunken rants?

@ Ani - What's GTH? :|

@ Anon - All of the above.

@ Intellectual handicap - I was considerably high. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't dare write this way. The reason why I didn't delete it when I finally managed to wake up the next afternoon was cuz I just felt relief with this post.

Atrisa said...

@ Invisible Prateek - I could barely sit straight, and I had to run multiple spell checks before I finally posted this :) That inbetween laughing like a jackass.

ani_aset said...

GTH:go to hell :D

aks.. said...

such randomness and yet so interesting!!!loved this post..m glad you didn't take it down..

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.