Friday, August 14, 2009

It is not a very good time in this 24 year olds life. Things were simpler, clearer and more sorted back in 2006, which by all means, has been my best year so far. I knew where I was headed, what I wanted and even who I was gonna get hitched to. Oh well.

Not getting into the sordid details here, dwelling in the past is not the thing to do at this point of time. But you’ve gotta appreciate how I channelize my negative energy! :P

Things I have done in the past month to occupy my time
• Singing (on stage)
• Dancing (on stage)
• Acting (on stage)
• Writing (here and everywhere else)
• Getting exposed to writings of some legendary poets I had never heard of before
• Playing cricket and badminton
• Doing pre-read for some subjects
• Actually getting up to have breakfast
• Getting utterly drunk on fresher’s night and giving my date a hard time keeping up with me
• Drunk on 3 more occasions anyway
• Movie at 7am (Today, Kaminey)
• Committee meetings to discuss the in-house literary magazine and acting like a doofus
• Made 2 videos
• Made 4 posters
• Conceptualized a TV commercial, a print ad, outdoor, activations, not leaving out CSR activity, and of course giving them kickass taglines (frivolous Integrated Marketing Communications = MICA’s forte)
• Toying with Picasa
• Pan Masala hookah every 2 days
• Getting excited on the prospect of experimenting with Microsoft Publisher
• Worrying about where my career is headed and how I am going to pay off the college loan
• Losing weight in the process
• Being indifferent to the fact that I’ve been single for 11 months
• Trying to find porn that excites, to no avail
• Not phoning my parents
• All this, apart from Facebook-ing atleast 3 hours each day
• Did I mention, being featured in 3 different newspapers on 2 different occasions?

Things I want to or should be doing
• Gyming :|
• Continue learning the German language that I discontinued back in school
• Finish watching Kieslowski’s Dekalog
• Getting my laptop repaired
• Composing
• Getting a boy toy, first start giving the right signals, or looking at a boy to begin with (Bah! The woman’s too old and laid back to carry out this long process)
• Planning out a rural travel (as part of the curriculum)
• Taking my media courses more seriously
• Experiment with changing templates for the blawg
• Not sleeping at 4am
• Getting swine flu

Things I am tempted to do which I know I shouldn’t
• Drinking & Smoking up
• Hookah & Smoking up
• Smoking up


I hate holidays. It is one today and tomorrow. None of the things I should be doing stimulates me. Weed is slowly engulfing my friends one by one. I crib. And crib some more. I don’t do this often, HELP!

5 comments:

sri said...

Haha.. sudden appeal for alcohol and cigarettes thats quite intriguing and so are the achievements .. kudos!!

nice to know more about you :)

--Sri

Atrisa said...

@ Sri - There was a time "pre-B-school" when I scorned at alcohol and cigarettes. A year later I only scoff at cigarettes. See where I'm headed? :)

Anyway my funda in life is to not mope around but do something new every time I'm going through a crisis. The list is to show that I'm running out of new things to do :| Got anything interesting?

ani_aset said...

getting swine flu??
why?
Do not yield to temptations :D
hey where are your featured articles??

Sri said...

a song might be just perfect .. to define where ur headed :)
She ain't in to wine and roses
Beer just makes her turn up her nose and
She can't stand the thought of sipping champagne
No Cuervo, gold margaritas
Just ain't enough good burn in tequila
She needs somethin' with a little more edge
And a little more pain
She's my little whiskey girl, she's my little whiskey girl :)

new things ? try para-gliding or skydiving :) nothing else comes close to free falling
-Sri

Atrisa said...

@ Ani - Swine flu is the easiest way to get rid of all these problem, innit?

Go to DNA Ahmedabad, 1st August, Page 4 or 5, dont remember

@ Sri - Woah, love those lines! Who knew country music could sound so nice :)

Paragliding and skydiving is on the agenda, when I get to a place where they have it :| For now, the earth is my domain.

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.