Sunday, August 9, 2009

Being the Editor of the literary committee in a B-school is a job far from easy. Writing just doesn't interest a lot of people, can you believe it? One of the biggest problems is getting quality content or any to begin with. So we have to write such mails as below to generate some kind of interest or "recall" (B-schooly. Yeck.) The only reason why I am posting it here cuz I hardly ever write funny and I seem rather pleased with this! (For any MICAns that by any stroke of my luck reach this page, I will hunt down your IP address and come straight to your room to get material)

***********************************************************
Hi you awesome MICAn!

I’m Team LitComm! You might remember me from such awesome publications as Black Coffee and the Yearbook.

I need your, that’s right, your awesomeness to be packed in a couple of sentences for the next awesome issue of Black Coffee! Please think inside the wide universe of these awesome boxes.

NON FICTION

Some awesome memoirs, personal essays and creative non-fiction; politics, fashion, social issues et al. that you may want to speak about in all its surreal awesomeness. But kindly refrain from writing about such incidents as “Someone I know walked off the awesome stage in anger” or “My awesome date hasn’t made out with me since that drunken night”

FICTION

As long as it is not about awesome space aliens in your head taking over the earth, making us their awesome slaves, its fine by me. On the other hand, they’re not such bad people. What the heck, go crazy!

POETRY

I consider awesome poetry of any style. I know you love your awesome imaginary pet cat Amu but try to limit the number of poems on her to 2, wouldja?

REVIEWS AND CRITICISM

Umm...movies, books, bands, concerts, TV shows, the internet, whatever strikes your awesomely critical mind. Try not to make it awesomely soporific, this is not an academic journal (read MCR) Say, if during one of ChaCha’s Super Saturday Quizzes you came up with an awesome conjecture about a Kieslowski masterpiece you saw, try to put pen and paper together, hopefully make some sense and shoot it over.

ARTWORK, CARTOONS, PHOTOGRAPHY

If you are one of the awesome people who have Wren and Martin as their secret night time read because of sufferance from bad grammar and shoddy punctuation, I would like to give you a chance too! Do you paint? Or draw? Or take photographs of the birds and the bees? Or put them all together to make your awesome hostel wall? I will feature you!

Also, if you have pictures of any awesome trip you have taken (like the GIs for PGP-1) make a scrapbook of sorts, explaining the story behind each picture (preferably extraordinarily funny pictures of people with ridiculous hairdos or unnecessarily tight pants)

Deadline is strictly August 25th. Contributions received after the 25th will be printed out, crafted into effigies of papier-mâché and burnt ceremoniously in front of the mess. Please address your submissions to blackcoffee@********.in.

Loving you awesomely,

Team LitComm
************************************************************

Phew. Sure feels good to shake off the whole emo thing.

7 comments:

As the Mind Meanders said...

Yes... you have a funny bone... there is only one... but yes... its there...

Atrisa said...

@ Mind - How many you have? :O

As the Mind Meanders said...

none... I just have a sick slushy mind :-D

Atrisa said...

Sick slushy mind. Hmm. Mine has hidden somewhere. Hate that :| Actually I had written something that I could not post on the blog cuz of its graphic nature :D Maybe some other time.

As the Mind Meanders said...

Hmmm... pity... I know how you write and I know it wont read sleazy... I hope you find the courage to put it up... would be interesting to read...

Atrisa said...

You've got to hang out with me to know that ;) The emo shit is only for the blog. I wouldn't be caught talking like this in real life. Hehe.

ani_aset said...

hehe that reminded me of the mails we used to send through placecom to get volunteers to work :P

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.