The bed is her stage
She sings sensual lullabies to non-conform
Spotlight’s on for the graceful nymphomaniac
It’s time to thrill with her audaciousness to perform
Dressing down is dressing up
Behold! The pins come out one by one
As they drop, the hair and the rest
He smiles as he’s seamlessly outdone
The sheets - her props
Four wooden posters - her poles
Handcuffs don’t arrest her
When vision seeps through the satin blindfold
She brings a little bit of herself
A little bit pretension
She only wanted to break his shackles
Of years of being held back by pitiful hesitation
She threw her head back and laughed
When she realized some things she mistakenly transpired
He had already found solace in his jail term
He was just a man who chanced upon what he never desired
The act had to draw curtains now
See her disappear backstage then rushing through the exit
Wondering if he’d ever request an encore.
He’d never be able to read what’s in her heart
Even when she turns back for one last tormenting look
And this becomes one for the books.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
very beautifully written...!!
loved the suttle depiction
What makes you write this...
Its heartbreaking and beautiful...
@ Neha, Sri - Danke schon!
@ Mind - Boredom? Hehe. Actually I realized I hadn't myself written anything for the literary magazine that I am the Editor for, so thus. And since I love the two things I have created an analogy between, this was quite interesting to write ;) Oh and thanks.
awww killjoy you :)
i loved the way you set this up
Feel for the guy :P
@ Ani - Nasty little tease, aren't I? ;)
you bet it teased :D
very 'sin city'
very 'come hither i got claws'
very 'sensitive' and 'into the human emotion'
very very brilliant
Post a Comment
Now your turn!