Tuesday, April 6, 2010

You know what's more annoying than talking to your parents? Traveling with them.

So I'm mourning leaving college and trying to sob quietly on the upper berth of Rajdhani, when every few minutes my parents below would shove some food item down my throat.
You want soup? Are you going to leave those breadsticks? 
That chicken serving looks small, let me ask the guy to get you another one. Betaaaaaaa zara idhar aana...
They didn't give salt and pepper with the main course?!?!
You spent 25 rupees to get Pepsi that's not even chilled!
You want to have Jumping? 'Jumpin' Mom, not 'Jumping'!
You must put the creamer before you pour in the water? But I'm having black coffee. Oho, ok. (Puts it in the bag, along with the unused sugar, mango pickle, sauce pouches and Amul butter)
What! You don't want to have ice cream? Are you sure? It's vanilla. (What a pickle, how are they going to store that for future purposes?!?!)
This dhokla has tomato sauce on it, how come you're having it? Mom, it's imli ki chutney. I don't think so. Whatever, I don't want it anymore.

I would've asked my doctor dad for paracetamol for my head but there would've been more questions regarding consumption. But atleast it took my mind off MICA :)

5 comments:

xcalibr said...

hehe - awesome read! Glad to know you're having fun! ;)
That 'what a pickle' usage - reminded me of wodehouse suddenly..

mentalie said...

argh. i'm going to be making one of these journeys soon!

Atrisa said...

@ Arv - Wodehouse. When will I get to one of those.

@ Mentalie - Haha. Good luck, you'll need it ;)

ani_aset said...

aww sooper family trip back home from MICA :)

Atrisa said...

Soooper? No soooper :| hehe.

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.