Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.
Best because I FINALLY see myself getting over nagging pains, worst because those were my biggest writing inspirations. So this post is dedicated to two of my biggest recent romances.


MICA
I fell in love with the place when I first heard about it back in 2005. Since then it had been my dream school. 5 years hence I'm still dreaming, but for all the right reasons. Though initially I felt I did not fit in, I realized no one else did either! And that's how we all came to belong. They gave me two most precious years to make it my own and now that time is up.

I wanted to love it more. But, so more could, it let me go.

An obscure place
in the middle of nowhere
you found me
or I found you
who cares.
I think I was born to be
a MICAn for life.


Mr.You-know-who-you-are
It's been so long I barely remember your face but I still remember a few events and words exchanged, however the feelings behind them have now blurred in my head. Though I've spent the past two years of my life in complete and utter misery, if I had the chance to do it all over again, I would not change a single minute of me being helplessly drowned in you. Where others derive their inspiration from your work, I got mine from The You! And I can't thank you enough for being my muse for as long as you have. But being cooped up in bed for 15 hours everyday thinking what's the point of even getting up? is not the way one should live their life.

You are a mystery I no longer intend to solve. So, I'm letting you go.

You play memories in your head
sometimes even fictional ones
hoping if you'd play them often enough
they just might come to life
and you replay
and replay
and replay
'til one day
you stop.

                               Meg, thanks for this. You're a doll :)

Uninspired writing is like a river without water, dull and cracked in places, not to mention useless. So I'm out scouting for something to excite me again. Till then, I will mostly be talking about how I want to drink espresso out of miniature bone china cups or how UTV World Movies and NDTV Lumiere are rocking my world. I will not stop my monologues for anything :)

7 comments:

Meghana Naidu said...

Finally! *muah*
bring on the "i think my TV is trying to kill me"stuff
you know ill be here, and reading, and laughing at your plight :P

now pick up that damn phone and call me!

Atrisa said...

You're so tweet! Now tweet me!

ani_aset said...

" But being cooped up in bed for 15 hours everyday thinking what's the point of even getting up? is not the way one should live their life" -ahh why did you have to write this :( reminds me of something, and i hope to drown myself again one day soon. I'm tempted to write :P but i will hold back till my exams are done :D

Atrisa said...

Well then, good luck for the exams! Can't wait for your next post. Has been a long time no?

ani_aset said...

very long atrisa..but i may post the latin song list soon :)

Saurabh said...

wonderful post..tried to capture the same emotions some time back http://blog.indihues.com/2010/04/ode-to-unrequitted-love.html

Anil P said...

Only time moves on. People don't.

Post a Comment

Now your turn!

 

Copyright 2010 alter native.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.