As she hangs against the wall
Supported by her toes like a ballerina’s
Eyes close with that lift of the chin
It’s his doing
Million memories gushing like hailstorms
Gentle breeze across the pale face
Frozen eager partly parted lips yearning for warmth
Restless fingers lingering over his shoulders
They don’t know where to settle
The faint whiff of his perfume is familiar and safe
But something holds them back from an embrace
They don’t know whether the wait is in confusion
Or to create anticipation
Her heart unfollows the 8/8 metronome
Just a second away now…
to Hallelujahs.
How lovely are preludes!
And so much more
In slow motion.
*************
This post was written while listening to one of the best songs I have heard in recent times, "Teeth" By Lisa Hannigan. If I could make one song like that - complete with the lyrics, the vocals and above all, the musical arrangement, my soul will happily leave my body the next day. Thank you Rohit for letting me know that Lisa is more than just a Damien Rice sidekick. ("I Remember" happens to be my favorite romance and shower-singing song!)
The title is inspired by "Carnival Town" by Norah Jones which also inspired this post.

5 comments:
wow i mean wow!! nicely done especially "The faint whiff of his perfume is familiar and safe
But something holds them back from an embrace" loved it atrisa..and sad i dont see any comments here . did everyone just miss this post?
Is there a way to share just the kind of music you listen to? Grooveshark widget should help. And then it may help me listen to something apart from my usual latin ballroom music. :)
I dunno! Maybe they didn't like it :P
The problem with the songs I like is, I can't find them on these widgets!
Latin ballroom music, nice! Recommend some no?
uh oh then may be you should tweet the songs you listen to with a hashtag #atrisalist will help to track them..and about latin songs i will share it with you ..mm may be through a blog post..lovely spanish romantic songs :)
I suggest you repost this post. people may have missed it.
I like the idea of the spanish romantic song blog post!
Don't think I will be reposting :P
Post a Comment
Now your turn!